Aussie Horse Racing Betting Tips
For the novice punter, horse racing can be quite an intimidating betting market. With so many betting choices available, the sport can seem a bit overwhelming. In reality, online horse betting is fun and relatively easy to learn; all one needs is a few good horse racing tips to get started. If you have never been to the track or had to opportunity to watch a live horse race, then this would be an ideal way to start. The fast paced drama of a horse race is what draws thousands of Australians to the track and online betting sites every day.
Despite the wide number of bets that can be placed on horse racing, for the novice punter, a straight out win is the best way to go. One of the best horse racing tips for beginners is to keep it simple. Since you do not know that much about the sport and the horses when you start, picking a winning horse can be a bit difficult, never mind picking the first three horses, or winning horses in consecutive races.
|1||5/5||Deposit $100 & Get $100|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||$150 AUD|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||$500 AUD|| Bet now|
Racing Tips to Pick the Right Horse
So how do you go about picking a winning horse? As any experienced punter knows, there are many factors that can contribute to how a horse will perform in a particular race. The more knowledge a bettor has, the higher the chances of him winning a placed bet. The following horse racing tips should be considered before placing a bet on any horse:
- Fitness – Before any horse can be considered, a bettor should determine if the horse is physically fit enough to be at or near his best.
- Consistency – It is best to examine the horse’s record for the year and his lifetime record. If they have finished in the money 50% of the time, they can be deemed consistent. Many horses with poor consistency records cannot be heavily relied upon to run well after a previously well run race.
- Current form –When making a final decision, it is important to determine whether the horse is in good present form. Examining the finishes of his most recent races tells you if he’s racing well and competitively.
- Jockey – One of the most overlooked horse racing tips is to consider the jockey. If you check the statistic, on most tracks, a small percentage of riders win the great majority of the races.
- Trainer – A bettor should give careful consideration to the horse trainer. Most seasoned punters know that some coaches are superior to others and there can be a large discrepancy between the best and the worst.
- Post position – One of the least considered factors in horse racing is the post position. The post-position draw is a random drawing done after entries for every race. This can often turn a potential winner into a losing bet and vice-versa!
Final Things to Consider
A seasoned horse punter would automatically consider the above the horse racing tips before placing a bet on any one horse. As mentioned before, the more knowledge a bettor has, the greater his chances of picking a winner. If you are considering trying your hand at horse betting, you can find the best online sport betting sites listed right here. Click on any of the Australian bookmakers that we recommend to get started.